Monday, October 1, 2012

Photo Shoots, Back to Work and Getting Fit

I got to go back home a couple of weeks ago to meet my new nephew, Ezra Lander.  I must say, we can sure produce some ADORABLE little boys in this family :)

My sweet baby sister did an awesome job and is already the best little mama!  Breaks my heart that I live so far away from them...BUT it is SO much fun to go back home every now and then!

We did a little photo shoot with all of our kiddos.  Let me just say, it is EXTREMELY difficult to photograph a 3 month old, a newborn and an almost 3 year old little diva :) 

A big thanks to Jenny for taking our pics!  She always comes through for us!

Me and Eli (3 months), Shelby and Peyton (2 years and 9 months), Lorrie and Ezra (1 week and a half)


 
The sun was BLINDING us!  I love pics like this!

 
 


........
 
I started back to work September 13th after almost 14 weeks off!  Luckily, I am able to work part-time (2 days a week).  I am a Registered Nurse and I work in GI at a large hospital in the Tulsa area.  I LOVE my job!  I love my co-workers.  I am very blessed to have found this job.  I take patient's health history, start IV's, sedate patients and recover them after colonoscopies, EGD's and other GI procedures.  Never thought I would work in GI, but it is the perfect job for me!  If you are 50 or older OR if you are under 50 with a family history of colon cancer YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR COLONOSCOPY SCREENING!  :) 
 
That being said, starting back to work meant that my sweet angel, Eli, had to go to daycare.  Thankfully, I have a great daycare at my hospital and Eli was accepted (he was #11 on the waiting list and they accepted 11...whew!!!)
 
I had so much anxiety about this.  So did my husband.  We had actually decided that I would not return to work because we were so worried about daycare.  I'm glad we changed our mind again at the last minute.  I love having the adult time and a little extra money never hurt anyone :)
 
Eli did fantastic on his first day!  He smiled at me when I was leaving and I got to spend my lunch break rocking him and loving on him!  I know in the long run, it will be so good for him to interact with other kids and possibly keep me a little more sane :)
 
 
........
 
Lastly, I am FED UP with myself!!!  I am 20 pounds over my comfortable weight!!!  I was more active when I was 9 months pregnant!!!  That is unacceptable!  I am on my way to healthy again!  I think I have my husband on board as well!  Healthy eating and exercise is how I'm starting!  I ran a half-marathon last year...I would love to run another one!  My goal is to run to benefit juvenile diabetes research (my husband was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was 17 years old).  Everyone, please hold me accountable!
 

6 comments:

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

adorable pictures!!!

Holly said...

You can do it, Brynn! What's your workout schedule like? A lot of girls are doing Mama Laughlin's Fit Camp challenge, which is a workout DVD of Jillians-- like the 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30.

Brynn said...

Holly- Ripped in 30! Starting today!!!

Megan said...

The pictures are so cute. Some of them made me laugh at everyone's facial expression. I'm getting back on track too. I can feel another half-marathon in my future too! We can do it...AND BEAT OUR TIME.

Kimmyyy83 said...

The one with Eli's hand over his face is my favorite!

Unknown said...

haha, those pictures crack me up! LOVE the one of the sun in our eyes! I am going to be on your butt about this working out thing! (: Don't hate me for it! <3