Monday, October 8, 2012

4 Months

Oh, sweet Eli...why are you growing so fast??  You are developing such a little personality.  You have the most beautiful eyes and an infectious smile.  You make my heart so happy. 
........

You have had so many firsts since last month.  You went to daycare for the first time...you seem to love it!  You are really nosey, so I think you enjoy seeing all the other babies playing.

You rolled over from your back to your stomach on October 3rd!  Now you are flipping over so fast.  I turn around for one second and you are on your belly :)

You are becoming very mobile.  I lay you down on your play mat and you wiggle all the way off onto the hardwood floor.  You could care less, you just keep smiling!

You have times when you are a momma's baby.  I had to leave work the beginning of this week because you were crying and they could not figure out what was wrong.  When I got there, you saw me and smiled the biggest smile!  I think you just wanted your momma :)  We won't tell anyone, but you can get me out of work anytime you want!

You give the best, open-mouth, slobbery, wet kisses in the whole world!  You also say a word that strangely resembles the word "hey" when you want attention!  You started this on September 8th.  You are babbling more and more.  You are also giggling now and it's the cutest thing ever!

We visited Alabama the week of September 16th to meet your new cousin, Ezra.  We arrived on what would have been Nanny Johns' 78th Birthday.  She would have loved to see you!  You had so much fun with your cousins!

I love when I am feeding you your bottle, and you smile really big in your sleep when I take the bottle out of your mouth.  It's like you are saying, "Thanks for the bottle, my belly is so full!"

You love to be rocked and bounced.  You love napping with Mommy and Daddy.  You have the cutest crooked and toothless grin I have ever seen.  You are really enjoying your jumparoo now.  You still can't quite touch the ground, so we put a thin box underneath the jumper to help you out a little bit...and you love it :)

I took you to the doctor for your first sick baby visit on October 2nd.  We thought you had an ear infection, but turns out you only have allergies.  I was relieved.  I hate it when you don't feel well.

I know I say it all the time, but I am so glad that God sent you to us!  I'm excited about the future and all the "firsts" that are still to come, but I am sad that you are not a tiny infant anymore.  You are already showing signs of being independent...just like your Mommy and Daddy.  You don't want to sit down in our laps, you want to stand.  You are trying to help me hold your bottle...I'm not ready for that!  I know before long, you will be running all over this house.  I'm going to cherish every moment of your life because I know it passes far too quickly.  I love you with all my heart.  Happy 4 months, sweet baby boy!

Now for lots of pictures of the last month!

Lunch at Hideaway Pizza 10-6-12

My adorable Alabama Fan!

He was NOT loving his sunglasses!

 

My little owl

He loves his feet!

 

 

Sweet cousins- Eli and Ezra

Ezra, Peyton and Eli snoozing!
 

Napping at GaGa's House!  I love when he spreads out like this!

13 1/2 weeks apart 

Loving the jumparoo!

Loves napping with Daddy :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the sweetest thing ever! I can't wait to see him roll over in person! (: happy 4 months, sweet baby boy! (: I love you! <3

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Gah the one of him napping with Daddy is adorable and I love the one with his hand in his mouth. This is so sweet.

Becca said...

I love all the sleeping cousins pic. Too sweet!

Kimmyyy83 said...

Love the owl hat!!!!!