Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Prejudice




Let's define the word prejudice-

prej-u-dice
Noun
Preconceived opinion not based on reason or experience.

Call me what you want- white girl, honkie (my all time favorite), cracker, pale face...whatever.  I answer to them all.  One thing I will NOT BE CALLED is prejudice. 

Let's go back many years ago...I was in elementary school and I met a girl named April.  She became my best friend and I even went to play at her house in the projects on numerous occasions.  I never saw color in her.  She was just my sweet friend that I enjoyed riding bikes and playing board games with. 

Fast forward to 2009.  My sister, Shelby, delivered the most precious and beautiful little girl named Peyton.  Guess what?  She is mixed and I must say I'm a little jealous of her beautiful skin color!  We tell her she has a "perma-tan" :)  My sister is attracted to people of color.  I could care less about this.  It is not something I chose for my life, but who is to say that it is wrong?  I think that we are all human and we are all children of God!  He loves us ALL!  God doesn't see color.

Throughout my life, I have made so many friends who are not "honkies" like me.  It doesn't matter to me.  I love them all the same. 

With all that being said, I am SO TIRED of being called prejudice just because I don't support President Obama.  The exact people that are calling me this are people who don't even know me- they have a preconceived opinion not based on reason or experience.  I don't normally speak out on politics. I like to keep quiet and laugh histerically at some of the posts I see about the upcoming election.  I have had ENOUGH!  I'm so tired of people playing the "race" card.  I would like to say one thing...the ONLY people I see talking about President Obama's race are the ones that are supporting him- not the ones opposing. 

I am definitely not saying that Mitt Romney is going to turn this country around.  Let's be honest, I don't think either candidate is a good choice.  I do know that nothing has really been accomplished these last 4 years.  Maybe it's someone else's turn. 

I am a healthcare professional, a Registered Nurse, and I truly believe that Obama's proposed health care reform will be detrimental to the healthcare system.  Check the facts.  Educate yourself.  I am not claiming to be a know-it-all about politics, but I have a lot of common sense.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what is going on in our country. 

Everyone, get out there and exercise your right to vote!  Thank God that we are able to make an informed decision and choose the person we think will best do the job! 


Red, Yellow, Black or White...I don't care! Let's just get someone who can turn this country around and put God first! If I hear ONE MORE PERSON speak of race, I think I might lose my mind! 

Have a GREAT Wednesday!

5 comments:

Lesia Jones said...

AMEN!!!!!!

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Well said girl - well said:)

Unknown said...

Amen! I see the SAME THING and it kills me!!!!

Holly said...

Don't let them get to you, Brynn! We all know you have a good heart... even us raging liberals. :)

Unknown said...

THANK YOU!!!!! I am glad that someone finally voiced this!! SOOOO tired of reading that stuff as well!