Thursday, October 25, 2012

29 Years



What I've learned in 29 years on this earth:

- I've learned that people will treat you how you allow them to treat you

- I've learned the deep love that a mother has for her child

- I've learned that just because people make a lot of money or drive nice cars doesn't mean that they   
  are happy

- I've learned how to forgive

- I've learned how to truly love and be a good wife/mother

- I've learned that life is so short and that we should enjoy every minute of every day

-I've learned that you can't take back hurtful words that you have said to others

- I've learned that my career is not the most important thing in the world

-I've learned that some friends will come and go...others stay by your side no matter what

-I've learned that you can count your true friends on you hands

- I've learned that my Momma was always right and knew what was best for me

- I've learned that there is nothing like a grandparent's love

- I've learned that spending time with family is one of the most important things

- I've learned how to bite my tongue and pick my battles with my husband

- I've learned that there is nothing like seeing your husband hold your child for the first time

- I've learned patience

- I've learned that it's ok if my house is not spotless at all times

- I've learned that it is much harder to lose weight after having a baby

- I've learned that fate will bring your soul mate to you

- I've learned how to start my life over, start a new job, make new friends and have a new baby 670
  miles from home

29 years ago, a beautiful 21 year old and a very handsome 28 year old man went to the hospital and came home with their daughter...Erika Brynn.  Momma, thank you for all that you have done for me during these 29 years.  You always provided for me and made sure that I had the things that I wanted.  I miss you so much...wish there were not so many miles between us.  I now truly understand when you told us that until we had our own children, we wouldn't know the love that you have for us.  I know that love and it is the greatest feeling ever.  Thank you for giving me life and loving me. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet<3

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

I love this and #1 is so true. I always say "you only feel that way because you allow that person to make you feel that way".

Megan said...

I love you. All these words are so true. If wisdom comes with age, in 50 years...we'll be the smartest old hags around!