Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Plank It Up! Before and After!



I don't think anyone knows how painful it is for me to post this. I cannot stand the thought of anyone seeing my ugly, flabby, post-baby body online.   The only reason I am doing this is to hopefully help someone else out.  I have never had to really exercise or diet in my life.  After baby life is a different story! 
 
I started the December plank challenge on December 2nd.  I could barely make it 20 seconds.  My whole body would shake and I would nearly collapse on the floor.  I stuck with the program and am still going strong today.  I still can only get to a minute and a half, but that's much better than when I started.  I am watching my diet, counting calories and trying to make healthier choices.  I am not saying that planks are some magical get rid of belly flab in an instant fad.  I am saying that these pictures speak for themselves.  I still have a LONG way to go, but I think I'm on the right track!  I was amazed at the difference just in one week.   
 
I pretty much plank any time I have an extra minute or two.  It's not easy, but it's quick and obviously shows results.  I also do other exercises; mostly ones I have found on Pinterest that can be done in 15 minutes or less.  I'm a mom to a 7 month old that is crawling and pulling up on everything!  I don't have very much time for anything else!
 
Anyone else have any suggestions to get rid of lower belly flab?  That seems to be my trouble area. 

 
 
 

3 comments:

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Brynn this is a HUGE change - you look phenomenal. For real girl. This is great. I am really into reverse crunches for lower abs - I am a fan favorite of the good ole sit up too. Looking good lady.

Holly said...

Brynn! You are motivating me, right now, to get off my ass. WOW! You are amazing! Keep it up, lady!

Becca said...

You are looking great! Wow, I might have to actually start planking now. =)